The following websites are useful in terms of applying for financial aid. In addition, Moline High School will be hosting its annual Financial Aid Night virtually this year by emailing a pre-recorded presentation from MHS and Black Hawk College to senior students and parents on September 17th. All senior students and their parents should plan on viewing the presentation.
Alternative Application for Illinois Financial Aid
Illinois Student Assistance Commission (ISAC)
Financial Aid Night Presentations:
- Moline High School Financial Aid Night Presentation 2020-2021
- Black Hawk College Financial Aid Night Presentation 2020-2021
BHC new FAFSA resource page (www.bhc.edu/fafsa) – here students and families can:
- View helpful tips, reminders, and resources for completing the 2021-22 FAFSA
- Register for our Preparing to File the FAFSA webinar (Tuesday, September 29 @ 6:00 pm – a recording will also be posted after the event)
- Register for a virtual FAFSA Completion appointment (dates and times will vary)
- Register for an on-campus FAFSA Completion event (QC campus – Wednesday, October 14 @ 4:00 – 7:00 pm) (East campus – Thursday, November 5 @ 4:00 – 7:00 pm)
FAFSA Useful Information:
FAFSA4caster (Estimate of eligibility for federal student aid before FAFSA opening date of October 1st)
*THE FAFSA IS A GRADUATION REQUIREMENT STARTING 2020-2021. If students are not eligible for the FAFSA or cannot complete the FAFSA, then they must complete the Alternative Application or the Nonparticipation Form/Waiver*
(Senior families must also complete the FAFSA Participiation Form in Skyward to indiciate which option they will complete)
A) Complete the FAFSA at www.fafsa.ed.gov online. The first date you may do this is October 1st. Parents: You will need your tax documents from the previous year.
B) If eligible: complete the Alternative Application for Illinois Financial Aid
C) If eligible: complete the FAFSA Nonparticipation Form/Waiver with school counselor
Program that allows students and families to share the individual college offers they receive. TuitionFit organizes and anonymously displays that data so we can all compare real-time college prices.
Tuition Fit creates a catalog of college’s actual prices offered to students like you. You can see real college prices and decide whether to apply elsewhere, negotiate a better price, or take the offer you’ve got.